Blast in downtown Kenyan capital kills one
Nairobi: A Kenyan police chief says a blast on a busy street in the capital, Nairobi, has killed at least one person.
Anthony Kibuchi said authorities suspect that the person killed was carrying explosives, but police are still investigating.
The blast last evening happened near a military air base, and Kibuchi said authorities will try to determine if the base or military personnel were the intended target.
Downtown Nairobi has seen a series of grenade attacks over the last year, with one such attack killing nine people.
Al-Shabab militants in Somalia have threatened attacks in Kenya, but it`s not clear that the small grenade attacks or Friday`s blast are from al-Shabab, an al Qaeda-linked insurgent group.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram