Blast in downtown Kenyan capital kills one
Nairobi: A Kenyan police chief says a blast on a busy street in the capital, Nairobi, has killed at least one person.
Anthony Kibuchi said authorities suspect that the person killed was carrying explosives, but police are still investigating.
The blast last evening happened near a military air base, and Kibuchi said authorities will try to determine if the base or military personnel were the intended target.
Downtown Nairobi has seen a series of grenade attacks over the last year, with one such attack killing nine people.
Al-Shabab militants in Somalia have threatened attacks in Kenya, but it`s not clear that the small grenade attacks or Friday`s blast are from al-Shabab, an al Qaeda-linked insurgent group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000