Blast in downtown Kenyan capital kills one
Nairobi: A Kenyan police chief says a blast on a busy street in the capital, Nairobi, has killed at least one person.
Anthony Kibuchi said authorities suspect that the person killed was carrying explosives, but police are still investigating.
The blast last evening happened near a military air base, and Kibuchi said authorities will try to determine if the base or military personnel were the intended target.
Downtown Nairobi has seen a series of grenade attacks over the last year, with one such attack killing nine people.
Al-Shabab militants in Somalia have threatened attacks in Kenya, but it`s not clear that the small grenade attacks or Friday`s blast are from al-Shabab, an al Qaeda-linked insurgent group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future