Blast in downtown Kenyan capital kills one
Nairobi: A Kenyan police chief says a blast on a busy street in the capital, Nairobi, has killed at least one person.
Anthony Kibuchi said authorities suspect that the person killed was carrying explosives, but police are still investigating.
The blast last evening happened near a military air base, and Kibuchi said authorities will try to determine if the base or military personnel were the intended target.
Downtown Nairobi has seen a series of grenade attacks over the last year, with one such attack killing nine people.
Al-Shabab militants in Somalia have threatened attacks in Kenya, but it`s not clear that the small grenade attacks or Friday`s blast are from al-Shabab, an al Qaeda-linked insurgent group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan