Blast in shopping mall in Argentina
Buenos Aires: A bomb went off on Thursday at a shopping mall here in the Argentine capital, causing extensive damage to two airlines` ticket offices, police said.
Leaflets found at the blast scene near the American Airlines and Alitalia offices bore the name of a Chilean group and included demands for the release of "political prisoners" and autonomy for the Mapuches, an indigenous community from Chile also present in some parts of Argentina.
Witnesses said they saw a hooded man near the site of the blast, while police were reviewing the tapes from security cameras.
Chilean groups have claimed responsibility for a series of recent bombings in Buenos Aires.
The "political prisoners" mentioned in the leaflets are likely the 15 Chilean anarchists accused of carrying out 23 bombings in Santiago and other cities.
Those attacks targeted banks, offices of foreign companies, embassies, churches and police stations, mainly in Santiago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh