Blast in shopping mall in Argentina
Buenos Aires: A bomb went off on Thursday at a shopping mall here in the Argentine capital, causing extensive damage to two airlines` ticket offices, police said.
Leaflets found at the blast scene near the American Airlines and Alitalia offices bore the name of a Chilean group and included demands for the release of "political prisoners" and autonomy for the Mapuches, an indigenous community from Chile also present in some parts of Argentina.
Witnesses said they saw a hooded man near the site of the blast, while police were reviewing the tapes from security cameras.
Chilean groups have claimed responsibility for a series of recent bombings in Buenos Aires.
The "political prisoners" mentioned in the leaflets are likely the 15 Chilean anarchists accused of carrying out 23 bombings in Santiago and other cities.
Those attacks targeted banks, offices of foreign companies, embassies, churches and police stations, mainly in Santiago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!