Blast in shopping mall in Argentina
Buenos Aires: A bomb went off on Thursday at a shopping mall here in the Argentine capital, causing extensive damage to two airlines` ticket offices, police said.
Leaflets found at the blast scene near the American Airlines and Alitalia offices bore the name of a Chilean group and included demands for the release of "political prisoners" and autonomy for the Mapuches, an indigenous community from Chile also present in some parts of Argentina.
Witnesses said they saw a hooded man near the site of the blast, while police were reviewing the tapes from security cameras.
Chilean groups have claimed responsibility for a series of recent bombings in Buenos Aires.
The "political prisoners" mentioned in the leaflets are likely the 15 Chilean anarchists accused of carrying out 23 bombings in Santiago and other cities.
Those attacks targeted banks, offices of foreign companies, embassies, churches and police stations, mainly in Santiago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi