Blast in shopping mall in Argentina
Buenos Aires: A bomb went off on Thursday at a shopping mall here in the Argentine capital, causing extensive damage to two airlines` ticket offices, police said.
Leaflets found at the blast scene near the American Airlines and Alitalia offices bore the name of a Chilean group and included demands for the release of "political prisoners" and autonomy for the Mapuches, an indigenous community from Chile also present in some parts of Argentina.
Witnesses said they saw a hooded man near the site of the blast, while police were reviewing the tapes from security cameras.
Chilean groups have claimed responsibility for a series of recent bombings in Buenos Aires.
The "political prisoners" mentioned in the leaflets are likely the 15 Chilean anarchists accused of carrying out 23 bombings in Santiago and other cities.
Those attacks targeted banks, offices of foreign companies, embassies, churches and police stations, mainly in Santiago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site