Blast kills five in Algeria
Algiers: Five people were killed in a bomb blast in Algeria, Xinhua reported Wednesday.
The victims were travelling in a vehicle when the blast took place Tuesday in the Messaad area of Djelfa province, 200 km south of Algiers, the state-run APS news agency reported.
The security situation in Algeria has improved in recent years after the government adopted the national reconciliation policy and stepped up operations against the Islamist militants.
Algeria last month lifted a state of emergency that was in place since Feb 9, 1992. Its lifting was one of the key demands of the opposition protesters who took to the streets in February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa