Blast kills five in Algeria
Algiers: Five people were killed in a bomb blast in Algeria, Xinhua reported Wednesday.
The victims were travelling in a vehicle when the blast took place Tuesday in the Messaad area of Djelfa province, 200 km south of Algiers, the state-run APS news agency reported.
The security situation in Algeria has improved in recent years after the government adopted the national reconciliation policy and stepped up operations against the Islamist militants.
Algeria last month lifted a state of emergency that was in place since Feb 9, 1992. Its lifting was one of the key demands of the opposition protesters who took to the streets in February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why