Blast kills five in Algeria
Algiers: Five people were killed in a bomb blast in Algeria, Xinhua reported Wednesday.
The victims were travelling in a vehicle when the blast took place Tuesday in the Messaad area of Djelfa province, 200 km south of Algiers, the state-run APS news agency reported.
The security situation in Algeria has improved in recent years after the government adopted the national reconciliation policy and stepped up operations against the Islamist militants.
Algeria last month lifted a state of emergency that was in place since Feb 9, 1992. Its lifting was one of the key demands of the opposition protesters who took to the streets in February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!