Blast kills five in Algeria
Algiers: Five people were killed in a bomb blast in Algeria, Xinhua reported Wednesday.
The victims were travelling in a vehicle when the blast took place Tuesday in the Messaad area of Djelfa province, 200 km south of Algiers, the state-run APS news agency reported.
The security situation in Algeria has improved in recent years after the government adopted the national reconciliation policy and stepped up operations against the Islamist militants.
Algeria last month lifted a state of emergency that was in place since Feb 9, 1992. Its lifting was one of the key demands of the opposition protesters who took to the streets in February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?