Blast kills five in Algeria
Algiers: Five people were killed in a bomb blast in Algeria, Xinhua reported Wednesday.
The victims were travelling in a vehicle when the blast took place Tuesday in the Messaad area of Djelfa province, 200 km south of Algiers, the state-run APS news agency reported.
The security situation in Algeria has improved in recent years after the government adopted the national reconciliation policy and stepped up operations against the Islamist militants.
Algeria last month lifted a state of emergency that was in place since Feb 9, 1992. Its lifting was one of the key demands of the opposition protesters who took to the streets in February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police