Blast rattles Syrian capital, PM targeted: Report
Beijing: An explosion rocked a district of Syria`s capital Damascus Monday, leaving unspecified number of casualties, the state-media said, while other reports said the prime minister was the target of the attack.
Earlier, reports from the state media said the blast occurred near Ibn Rushed park in the capital`s western neighborhood of al- Mazzeh.
But other reports, meanwhile, said the blast has targeted a convoy of Syrian Prime Minister Wael al-Halqi, but did not hurt him. They also said the blast killed one of al-Halqi`s bodyguards and injured three others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why