Blasts in Iraq claim 11 lives
Baghdad: The violence in Iraq continues raging as Baghdad on Wednesday was again rocked by two roadside blasts killing 11 people, officials said.
The first bomb was detonated without anyone getting hurt, but after locals gathered around the area, another blast took place which killed eight people.
Second blast targeted another house in northern Ghazaliya district killing three.
With the latest attack, death toll since June 13 rises to 187, making June the second bloodiest month after January this year.
Most of the recent attacks have targeted the Shia community and have been blamed on Sunni militants linked to al Qaeda in Iraq.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued