Blasts in Iraq claim 11 lives
Baghdad: The violence in Iraq continues raging as Baghdad on Wednesday was again rocked by two roadside blasts killing 11 people, officials said.
The first bomb was detonated without anyone getting hurt, but after locals gathered around the area, another blast took place which killed eight people.
Second blast targeted another house in northern Ghazaliya district killing three.
With the latest attack, death toll since June 13 rises to 187, making June the second bloodiest month after January this year.
Most of the recent attacks have targeted the Shia community and have been blamed on Sunni militants linked to al Qaeda in Iraq.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead