Blasts in Philippine shopping malls
Manila: Two bomb blasts in two shopping malls in Davao City in the Philippines injured five people Monday night, police said Tuesday.
The two explosions went off 20 minutes apart inside two cinemas at two malls after 9 pm, Xinhua reported.
The first blast hit the sprawling SM City Davao in Matina and the second in Gaisano Mall in Bajada, which are about 10 km apart.
Those injured by shockwaves were movie patrons, police said.
The bombs were only meant to scare people and not really intended to cause injuries, as there were no shrapnels found, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post