Blasts in White house, Barack Obama injured: Hacked AP twitter a/c
Washington: US President Barack Obama is fine, a presidential spokesman said today after a hacked AP Twitter account sent out fake news about two bomb blasts at the White House and that the President was injured.
"The President is fine," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters at the top of his daily news conference.
Moments before the start of the conference, the twitter account of the Associated Press said, "Breaking: Two Explosions in the White House and Barack Obama is injured."
The AP quickly announced its account had been hacked.
"It appears as though AP`s Twitter account has been attacked, so anything that was just sent out ... Is obviously false," AP`s White House correspondent Julie Pace said at the start of the briefing.
"I appreciate that," Carney told Pace. "And I can say that the president is fine, I was just with him."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?