Blasts in White house, Barack Obama injured: Hacked AP twitter a/c
Washington: US President Barack Obama is fine, a presidential spokesman said today after a hacked AP Twitter account sent out fake news about two bomb blasts at the White House and that the President was injured.
"The President is fine," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters at the top of his daily news conference.
Moments before the start of the conference, the twitter account of the Associated Press said, "Breaking: Two Explosions in the White House and Barack Obama is injured."
The AP quickly announced its account had been hacked.
"It appears as though AP`s Twitter account has been attacked, so anything that was just sent out ... Is obviously false," AP`s White House correspondent Julie Pace said at the start of the briefing.
"I appreciate that," Carney told Pace. "And I can say that the president is fine, I was just with him."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued