Blasts in White house, Barack Obama injured: Hacked AP twitter a/c
Washington: US President Barack Obama is fine, a presidential spokesman said today after a hacked AP Twitter account sent out fake news about two bomb blasts at the White House and that the President was injured.
"The President is fine," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters at the top of his daily news conference.
Moments before the start of the conference, the twitter account of the Associated Press said, "Breaking: Two Explosions in the White House and Barack Obama is injured."
The AP quickly announced its account had been hacked.
"It appears as though AP`s Twitter account has been attacked, so anything that was just sent out ... Is obviously false," AP`s White House correspondent Julie Pace said at the start of the briefing.
"I appreciate that," Carney told Pace. "And I can say that the president is fine, I was just with him."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi