Blasts rock Nigeria, at least 20 killed
Kano: A series of explosions in a northern Nigerian city claimed at least 20 lives, a report said on Monday.
Many buses were destroyed in the Sabon Gari area of Kano, which is home to a large population of Christians from Nigeria`s south.
Kano is the largest city in the mainly Muslim north of Nigeria and also an area from where Islamist sect Boko Haram is waging an insurgency against the government.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility, but Boko Haram is a key suspect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- Watch: CCTV footage of open firing on a liquor shop in Jabalpur
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!