Blasts rock Nigeria, at least 20 killed
Kano: A series of explosions in a northern Nigerian city claimed at least 20 lives, a report said on Monday.
Many buses were destroyed in the Sabon Gari area of Kano, which is home to a large population of Christians from Nigeria`s south.
Kano is the largest city in the mainly Muslim north of Nigeria and also an area from where Islamist sect Boko Haram is waging an insurgency against the government.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility, but Boko Haram is a key suspect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez