Blasts rock Nigeria, at least 20 killed
Kano: A series of explosions in a northern Nigerian city claimed at least 20 lives, a report said on Monday.
Many buses were destroyed in the Sabon Gari area of Kano, which is home to a large population of Christians from Nigeria`s south.
Kano is the largest city in the mainly Muslim north of Nigeria and also an area from where Islamist sect Boko Haram is waging an insurgency against the government.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility, but Boko Haram is a key suspect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'