Blasts rock Nigeria, at least 20 killed
Kano: A series of explosions in a northern Nigerian city claimed at least 20 lives, a report said on Monday.
Many buses were destroyed in the Sabon Gari area of Kano, which is home to a large population of Christians from Nigeria`s south.
Kano is the largest city in the mainly Muslim north of Nigeria and also an area from where Islamist sect Boko Haram is waging an insurgency against the government.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility, but Boko Haram is a key suspect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore