Blind Chinese dissident Chen`s brother returns hom
Beijing: The brother of blind Chinese dissident Chen Guangcheng has returned to his village in eastern China, his lawyer said.
Chen Guangfu had fled to Beijing to seek help for his son, who is in custody on charges of attempted murder, the New York Post reveals.
"I`ve received a message from a friend of the Chen brothers informing me that Chen Guangfu has returned to the village," rights lawyer Ding Xikui said through telephone.
Xikui, however, could not say whether Guangfu had voluntarily returned or was forcibly sent by authorities.
Chen Guangfu was kept under heavily guarded home, but he managed to escape to Beijing to seek legal assistance for his son Chen Kegui.
Human rights activists have said that authorities had increased their repression against Chen Guangcheng`s relatives, who have been under house arrest in Dongshigu.
The activists have even expressed fears for their safety.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past