Blind Chinese dissident Chen`s brother returns hom
Beijing: The brother of blind Chinese dissident Chen Guangcheng has returned to his village in eastern China, his lawyer said.
Chen Guangfu had fled to Beijing to seek help for his son, who is in custody on charges of attempted murder, the New York Post reveals.
"I`ve received a message from a friend of the Chen brothers informing me that Chen Guangfu has returned to the village," rights lawyer Ding Xikui said through telephone.
Xikui, however, could not say whether Guangfu had voluntarily returned or was forcibly sent by authorities.
Chen Guangfu was kept under heavily guarded home, but he managed to escape to Beijing to seek legal assistance for his son Chen Kegui.
Human rights activists have said that authorities had increased their repression against Chen Guangcheng`s relatives, who have been under house arrest in Dongshigu.
The activists have even expressed fears for their safety.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP