Blind Chinese dissident Chen`s brother returns hom
Beijing: The brother of blind Chinese dissident Chen Guangcheng has returned to his village in eastern China, his lawyer said.
Chen Guangfu had fled to Beijing to seek help for his son, who is in custody on charges of attempted murder, the New York Post reveals.
"I`ve received a message from a friend of the Chen brothers informing me that Chen Guangfu has returned to the village," rights lawyer Ding Xikui said through telephone.
Xikui, however, could not say whether Guangfu had voluntarily returned or was forcibly sent by authorities.
Chen Guangfu was kept under heavily guarded home, but he managed to escape to Beijing to seek legal assistance for his son Chen Kegui.
Human rights activists have said that authorities had increased their repression against Chen Guangcheng`s relatives, who have been under house arrest in Dongshigu.
The activists have even expressed fears for their safety.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Watch: Sonakshi Sinha, Remo D'souza's 'Beat Pe Booty' will make you want to hit dance floor too
- Watch: ISIS-style kidnapping of BJP leader's son by ULFA militants in Assam
- Apple boosts health while Microsoft revs machine smarts
- Pfizer boosts cancer drug roster with $14 billion Medivation deal
- OP Jaisha's ordeal: Marathon runner demands enquiry after AFI says she refused to avail energy drinks