Blind Chinese dissident Chen`s brother returns hom
Beijing: The brother of blind Chinese dissident Chen Guangcheng has returned to his village in eastern China, his lawyer said.
Chen Guangfu had fled to Beijing to seek help for his son, who is in custody on charges of attempted murder, the New York Post reveals.
"I`ve received a message from a friend of the Chen brothers informing me that Chen Guangfu has returned to the village," rights lawyer Ding Xikui said through telephone.
Xikui, however, could not say whether Guangfu had voluntarily returned or was forcibly sent by authorities.
Chen Guangfu was kept under heavily guarded home, but he managed to escape to Beijing to seek legal assistance for his son Chen Kegui.
Human rights activists have said that authorities had increased their repression against Chen Guangcheng`s relatives, who have been under house arrest in Dongshigu.
The activists have even expressed fears for their safety.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Cancer: Early warning signs you shouldn't ignore!