`Blonde`s error cause behind Russia plane crash’
Moscow: The `blonde`s error` has been
identified as the cause of the crash of Yakovlev Yak-42 jet
plane last week in which 44 people were killed including the
entire Lokomotiv ice hockey team, according to a report.
Driving away without releasing the handbrake of the car
is popularly known as `the blonde`s error`, a similar thing
happened while Yak-42 was taking off from the Tunoshna airport
on September 7 near Yaroslavl about 300 north-west from here,
`Moskovsky Komsomolets` daily today reported.
"The commander of the Yak-42 was feeling unwell so he
told co-pilot to take-off. But in any case it was the
commander`s job to release parking brakes.
The crew realised during the takeoff run and released the
parking brakes, but it was too late for the plane to lift
off," the daily reported quoting a `source close to probe`.
According to reports the plane continued its takeoff run
even after the end of runway and hit a communication mast at
the altitude of about five meters before disintegrating and
falling onto the nearby Volga River.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview