Bo Xilai case is still under investigation: Official
Beijing: Amid reports that disgraced Communist Party leader Bo Xilai was refusing to cooperate and was in an agitated condition, China on Thursday said his case is still under investigation.
"Bo Xilai`s case now is under judiciary procedures, and it is still under investigation according to laws," Sun Zhengcai of Southwest China`s Chongqing Municipality, which was till last year headed by Bo, said.
The city`s former Party chief, Bo, was sacked last March for serious discipline violation.
Bo, who was believed to be a votary of Mao Zedong`s policies, is accused of abuse of power, bribe-taking and violating party discipline. While his wife Gu Kailai was given a suspended death sentence in a murder case, Bo is awaiting trial.
In the year since the Bo Xilai scandal shocked the city, Chongqing`s economy has grown 13.6 per cent, making it one of the fastest growing regions on the mainland, Sun said.
It also maintains quickly growing foreign trade despite the nation`s overall foreign trade difficulties, he said.
As for the latest case involving some ten Chongqing officials who have been removed from their posts after a whistle-blower revealed a sex tape, Sun said Chongqing takes a clear-cut attitude and is taking resolute measures.
"We have conducted an in-depth investigation and will handle (the case) in line with the law," he was quoted by China-org.Cn as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed