Bo Xilai formally expelled from CPC
Beijing: Disgraced politician Bo Xilai`s expulsion from China`s top legislature was endorsed Sunday, reported Xinhua news agency.
The seventh plenary session of the 17th Central Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Sunday endorsed a decision by the Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee to expel Bo Xilai from the CPC.
The meeting reviewed and approved the investigation report on Bo`s case submitted by the CPC Central Commission for Discipline Inspection.
The Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee decided at a meeting Sep 28 to deprive Bo of CPC membership and expel him from public service for severe disciplinary violations.
Bo was formerly secretary of the CPC Chongqing Municipal Committee and also a Political Bureau member, after serving as Dalian mayor, Liaoning governor and minister of commerce.
The Sep 28 meeting also decided to transfer Bo`s suspected law violations and relevant evidence to judicial departments.
Investigations showed Bo had abused his power, made severe mistakes and borne major responsibility in an incident that former Chongqing Vice Mayor Wang Lijun entered, without permission, the US Consulate General in Chengdu, and an intentional homicide case involving Bogu Kailai, Bo`s wife.
A Chinese court Aug 20 sentenced Bogu Kailai to death with a two-year reprieve for murdering British citizen Neil Heywood.
Bo was accused of taking advantage of his position to seek profits for others and received huge bribes personally or through his family. His position was utilized by his wife to seek profits for others, and the Bo family accepted a huge amount of money and property from others. He was also found to have violated organizational and personnel disciplines and made erroneous decisions in certain promotion cases, resulting in serious consequences, Xinhua earlier reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly