Bo Xilai formally expelled from CPC
Beijing: Disgraced politician Bo Xilai`s expulsion from China`s top legislature was endorsed Sunday, reported Xinhua news agency.
The seventh plenary session of the 17th Central Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Sunday endorsed a decision by the Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee to expel Bo Xilai from the CPC.
The meeting reviewed and approved the investigation report on Bo`s case submitted by the CPC Central Commission for Discipline Inspection.
The Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee decided at a meeting Sep 28 to deprive Bo of CPC membership and expel him from public service for severe disciplinary violations.
Bo was formerly secretary of the CPC Chongqing Municipal Committee and also a Political Bureau member, after serving as Dalian mayor, Liaoning governor and minister of commerce.
The Sep 28 meeting also decided to transfer Bo`s suspected law violations and relevant evidence to judicial departments.
Investigations showed Bo had abused his power, made severe mistakes and borne major responsibility in an incident that former Chongqing Vice Mayor Wang Lijun entered, without permission, the US Consulate General in Chengdu, and an intentional homicide case involving Bogu Kailai, Bo`s wife.
A Chinese court Aug 20 sentenced Bogu Kailai to death with a two-year reprieve for murdering British citizen Neil Heywood.
Bo was accused of taking advantage of his position to seek profits for others and received huge bribes personally or through his family. His position was utilized by his wife to seek profits for others, and the Bo family accepted a huge amount of money and property from others. He was also found to have violated organizational and personnel disciplines and made erroneous decisions in certain promotion cases, resulting in serious consequences, Xinhua earlier reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!