Bo Xilai`s wife confesses to killing British businessman
London: The wife of disgraced Chinese politician Bo Xilai, Gu Kailai has confessed to killing British businessman Neil Heywood last November, a senior prosecutor on the case has confirmed.
The prosecutor, who didn’t disclose his identity and was reportedly part of the prosecution team investigating Heywood`s alleged murder, claimed that Gu had admitted "economic crimes".
“Gu told investigators everything she could remember and, as for those accusations about which she couldn`t remember clearly, she asked the investigators to go ahead and write up anything they`d like to,” The Telegraph quoted the source, as saying.
Gu reportedly appeared "gracious" and "relaxed" as she confessed Heywood`s murder, the source said.
Gu, the wife of former party secretary of Chongqing, is expected to go on trial for murder in the city of Hefei, around 240 miles west of Shanghai, along with Zhang Xiaojun, a household aide and bodyguard of Bo’s family.
The same source said the only physical evidence prosecutors had been able to gather was a piece of Heywood`s heart, removed by Chongqing`s former police-chief, Wang Lijun, before the 41-year-old Old Harrovian`s body was cremated.
Earlier, family associates of Bo had hoped for a mental health evaluation for Gu before she went on trial, after it emerged that she had been suffering from severe depression since several years and was undergoing treatment for the same.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference