Bo Xilai`s wife confesses to killing British businessman
London: The wife of disgraced Chinese politician Bo Xilai, Gu Kailai has confessed to killing British businessman Neil Heywood last November, a senior prosecutor on the case has confirmed.
The prosecutor, who didn’t disclose his identity and was reportedly part of the prosecution team investigating Heywood`s alleged murder, claimed that Gu had admitted "economic crimes".
“Gu told investigators everything she could remember and, as for those accusations about which she couldn`t remember clearly, she asked the investigators to go ahead and write up anything they`d like to,” The Telegraph quoted the source, as saying.
Gu reportedly appeared "gracious" and "relaxed" as she confessed Heywood`s murder, the source said.
Gu, the wife of former party secretary of Chongqing, is expected to go on trial for murder in the city of Hefei, around 240 miles west of Shanghai, along with Zhang Xiaojun, a household aide and bodyguard of Bo’s family.
The same source said the only physical evidence prosecutors had been able to gather was a piece of Heywood`s heart, removed by Chongqing`s former police-chief, Wang Lijun, before the 41-year-old Old Harrovian`s body was cremated.
Earlier, family associates of Bo had hoped for a mental health evaluation for Gu before she went on trial, after it emerged that she had been suffering from severe depression since several years and was undergoing treatment for the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Arms training: Bajrang Dal's Ayodhya chief Mahesh Mishra arrested over charges of inciting religious hatred
- Left, Congress call for people's movement against Trinamool 'terror'
- SP main rival in UP polls, not decided on CM face: Amit Shah
- Pope prays to 'convert hearts' of Islamic State jihadists
- Cristiano Ronaldo wants extended Real Madrid stay