Bo Xilai`s wife confesses to killing British businessman
London: The wife of disgraced Chinese politician Bo Xilai, Gu Kailai has confessed to killing British businessman Neil Heywood last November, a senior prosecutor on the case has confirmed.
The prosecutor, who didn’t disclose his identity and was reportedly part of the prosecution team investigating Heywood`s alleged murder, claimed that Gu had admitted "economic crimes".
“Gu told investigators everything she could remember and, as for those accusations about which she couldn`t remember clearly, she asked the investigators to go ahead and write up anything they`d like to,” The Telegraph quoted the source, as saying.
Gu reportedly appeared "gracious" and "relaxed" as she confessed Heywood`s murder, the source said.
Gu, the wife of former party secretary of Chongqing, is expected to go on trial for murder in the city of Hefei, around 240 miles west of Shanghai, along with Zhang Xiaojun, a household aide and bodyguard of Bo’s family.
The same source said the only physical evidence prosecutors had been able to gather was a piece of Heywood`s heart, removed by Chongqing`s former police-chief, Wang Lijun, before the 41-year-old Old Harrovian`s body was cremated.
Earlier, family associates of Bo had hoped for a mental health evaluation for Gu before she went on trial, after it emerged that she had been suffering from severe depression since several years and was undergoing treatment for the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre