Boat carrying illegal immigrants capsizes in Gabon, 30 dead
Libreville: At least 30 people died when a boat, carrying 60 illegal immigrants, capsized off the coast of Gabon, a west African country, Xinhua reported.
Several survivors were found and 30 bodies recovered after the boats sank at night in the waters off the coast of Cap Esterias, 40 km from the capital city of Libreville, a rescuer said.
The incident is believed to have occurred due to stormy weather.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites