Boat carrying illegal immigrants capsizes in Gabon, 30 dead
Libreville: At least 30 people died when a boat, carrying 60 illegal immigrants, capsized off the coast of Gabon, a west African country, Xinhua reported.
Several survivors were found and 30 bodies recovered after the boats sank at night in the waters off the coast of Cap Esterias, 40 km from the capital city of Libreville, a rescuer said.
The incident is believed to have occurred due to stormy weather.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29