Boat carrying illegal immigrants capsizes in Gabon, 30 dead
Libreville: At least 30 people died when a boat, carrying 60 illegal immigrants, capsized off the coast of Gabon, a west African country, Xinhua reported.
Several survivors were found and 30 bodies recovered after the boats sank at night in the waters off the coast of Cap Esterias, 40 km from the capital city of Libreville, a rescuer said.
The incident is believed to have occurred due to stormy weather.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Wow! KFC India to replace plastic packaging with edible bowls!
- UN blacklists Indian-flagged cargo vessel carrying Libyan oil
- One minute of intense exercise can help you stay fit!
- Don't refer Bhagat Singh, Chandra Shekhar Azad as terrorists: HRD Ministry to DU
- Navjot Singh Sidhu takes oath as Rajya Sabha member – SEE PICS