Boat carrying illegal immigrants capsizes in Gabon, 30 dead
Libreville: At least 30 people died when a boat, carrying 60 illegal immigrants, capsized off the coast of Gabon, a west African country, Xinhua reported.
Several survivors were found and 30 bodies recovered after the boats sank at night in the waters off the coast of Cap Esterias, 40 km from the capital city of Libreville, a rescuer said.
The incident is believed to have occurred due to stormy weather.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket