Boat carrying illegal immigrants capsizes in Gabon, 30 dead
Libreville: At least 30 people died when a boat, carrying 60 illegal immigrants, capsized off the coast of Gabon, a west African country, Xinhua reported.
Several survivors were found and 30 bodies recovered after the boats sank at night in the waters off the coast of Cap Esterias, 40 km from the capital city of Libreville, a rescuer said.
The incident is believed to have occurred due to stormy weather.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter