Bobby Jindal blasts Obama, helps Romney
Washington: Louisiana`s Indian-American Governor Bobby Jindal helped Mitt Romney raise two million dollars amid speculation that he could be presumptive Republican presidential nominee`s running mate in the November poll.
Appearing at a lunchtime fundraiser in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, with Romney, Jindal called President Obama "incompetent," and described Obama`s politics as too liberal for the American people, NBC reported.
"This President, President Obama, he cannot run on his record, he can`t run on his political philosophy so he has to attack and distort Governor Romney`s record," Jindal said, referring to what he described as the Obama campaign`s negative tactics.
Last week, the Romney campaign fielded attacks from the Obama team over questions about when Romney left the helm of the venture capital firm Bain Capital, accused of outsourcing jobs to China and India.
"I am thrilled he`s a successful businessman. You don`t want an unsuccessful businessman in the White House," Jindal said.
About 40 donors attended Monday`s luncheon, at $50,000 a plate.
Jindal, who supported Texas Governor Rick Perry during the Republican primary, has recently become a more visible surrogate for Romney`s campaign, deploying sharp attacks on Obama and defending conservative issues, NBC said.
This weekend, Jindal addressed the Nebraska Republican convention, where he touted Romney`s business background and was met with applause when he said the US Supreme Court made an "awful choice" upholding Obama`s health care law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state