Bobby Jindal meets road accident, unhurt
Washington: Louisiana`s Indian-American Governor Bobby Jindal escaped unhurt from a minor traffic accident as a truck making an illegal U-turn side-swiped his vehicle while he was returning home from his son`s soccer game on Sunday.
"The Governor did not sustain any injuries, and he is thankful for the work of the Louisiana State Police who keep him and his family safe every day," Sean Lansing, a spokesman with the Governor`s office said.
CNN citing Louisiana State Police said the crash occurred at about 5 pm on Sunday on Louisiana Highway 30, south of downtown Baton Rouge, the state capital.
Two police vehicles were northbound on the state highway in the inside lane when the truck made the illegal turn from the outside lane.
The truck side swiped the first vehicle, which was carrying the Governor. The second vehicle "took evasive action" and hit a utility pole, said a statement from state police. A trooper in that second vehicle sustained minor injuries.
The driver of the truck was cited for making an improper turn.
Jindal, who was re-elected to a second term as governor in 2011, was back in Baton Rouge after speaking on Friday at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington.
He used the appearance there to dismiss speculation he wants to run for president in 2016.
"The truth is - I am too skinny to run," he said. "At least that`s what my friend, (New Jersey Governor) Chris Christie, keeps telling me."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read