Bobby Jindal to run for president`s post in 2016: Top US senator
Washington: Top Republican leader and current Governor of Louisiana Bobby Jindal is planning to run for president in 2016, a top US Senator from his home State has said.
"I do think, he (Jindal) will run. He is being running. He would be a significant candidate," Senator David Vitter told private American TV channel C-SPAN`s Newsmakers programme in an interview.
"I like Bobby, I respect his leadership, I agree with all of his political values. But I haven`t thought about what I would do or wouldn`t do personally," Vitter said.
"Oh yeah. I think that`s very obvious to everybody who has been paying attention," the junior Senator from Lousiana said when asked if he believes Jindal would to be president.
Jindal`s second term as the Lousiana Governor ends in 2015. He can`t run for the third term. Vitter is considering running for governor.
"I would expect we will come to a conclusion sometime in January," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31