Bodies of 2 Belgian climbers found on France`s Mont Blanc
Paris: The bodies of two Belgian climbers who were swept away by falling rocks and ice on France`s Mont Blanc mountain were found on Saturday after two days of searching, police rescue officials said.
"They were under piles of rock and ice when we found them. Only parts of their bodies were visible," one officer said.
The two, aged in their 50s, went missing on Thursday as they were apparently trying to make their way to a shelter just over halfway up the snow-covered mountain, France`s highest.
A search was mounted in the area after a rescue helicopter spotted one of their backpacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress