Bodies of 2 Belgian climbers found on France`s Mont Blanc
Paris: The bodies of two Belgian climbers who were swept away by falling rocks and ice on France`s Mont Blanc mountain were found on Saturday after two days of searching, police rescue officials said.
"They were under piles of rock and ice when we found them. Only parts of their bodies were visible," one officer said.
The two, aged in their 50s, went missing on Thursday as they were apparently trying to make their way to a shelter just over halfway up the snow-covered mountain, France`s highest.
A search was mounted in the area after a rescue helicopter spotted one of their backpacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP