Bodies of 2 Belgian climbers found on France`s Mont Blanc
Paris: The bodies of two Belgian climbers who were swept away by falling rocks and ice on France`s Mont Blanc mountain were found on Saturday after two days of searching, police rescue officials said.
"They were under piles of rock and ice when we found them. Only parts of their bodies were visible," one officer said.
The two, aged in their 50s, went missing on Thursday as they were apparently trying to make their way to a shelter just over halfway up the snow-covered mountain, France`s highest.
A search was mounted in the area after a rescue helicopter spotted one of their backpacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Pakistan has started behaving like an enemy: JD(U)
- Donald Trump links death of NBA star's cousin to black vote
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- STOP THIS SHAME! Minor gangraped in Delhi's Jamia Nagar; suspect is juvenile
- Benefits of face scrubs for men