Body of missing US pilot found in China
Beijing: The body of a US pilot, missing since Tuesday after his light aircraft crashed into a lake in northeast China`s Liaoning province, was recovered on Friday.
The body of David Riggs was recovered at 12.12 pm from Caihu lake in Faku county of Shenyang city three days after the accident, Xinhua reported.
The accident occurred Tuesday when the Lancier aircraft with Riggs and a Chinese translator onboard crashed into the lake during a trial flight.
The translator was pulled out from the water but later died in hospital.
Riggs was an experienced Hollywood aerobatic pilot who had set several speed records worldwide.
He came to Shenyang to attend an air show scheduled Sep 20-22.
The aircraft was assembled at a local airport and had completed three successful trial flights before the accident.
The aircraft, which was too small to be equipped with a black box, belonged to the MACH 1 aerobatic team from the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?