Body of missing US pilot found in China
Beijing: The body of a US pilot, missing since Tuesday after his light aircraft crashed into a lake in northeast China`s Liaoning province, was recovered on Friday.
The body of David Riggs was recovered at 12.12 pm from Caihu lake in Faku county of Shenyang city three days after the accident, Xinhua reported.
The accident occurred Tuesday when the Lancier aircraft with Riggs and a Chinese translator onboard crashed into the lake during a trial flight.
The translator was pulled out from the water but later died in hospital.
Riggs was an experienced Hollywood aerobatic pilot who had set several speed records worldwide.
He came to Shenyang to attend an air show scheduled Sep 20-22.
The aircraft was assembled at a local airport and had completed three successful trial flights before the accident.
The aircraft, which was too small to be equipped with a black box, belonged to the MACH 1 aerobatic team from the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list