Body of missing US pilot found in China
Beijing: The body of a US pilot, missing since Tuesday after his light aircraft crashed into a lake in northeast China`s Liaoning province, was recovered on Friday.
The body of David Riggs was recovered at 12.12 pm from Caihu lake in Faku county of Shenyang city three days after the accident, Xinhua reported.
The accident occurred Tuesday when the Lancier aircraft with Riggs and a Chinese translator onboard crashed into the lake during a trial flight.
The translator was pulled out from the water but later died in hospital.
Riggs was an experienced Hollywood aerobatic pilot who had set several speed records worldwide.
He came to Shenyang to attend an air show scheduled Sep 20-22.
The aircraft was assembled at a local airport and had completed three successful trial flights before the accident.
The aircraft, which was too small to be equipped with a black box, belonged to the MACH 1 aerobatic team from the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand