Body of missing US pilot found in China
Beijing: The body of a US pilot, missing since Tuesday after his light aircraft crashed into a lake in northeast China`s Liaoning province, was recovered on Friday.
The body of David Riggs was recovered at 12.12 pm from Caihu lake in Faku county of Shenyang city three days after the accident, Xinhua reported.
The accident occurred Tuesday when the Lancier aircraft with Riggs and a Chinese translator onboard crashed into the lake during a trial flight.
The translator was pulled out from the water but later died in hospital.
Riggs was an experienced Hollywood aerobatic pilot who had set several speed records worldwide.
He came to Shenyang to attend an air show scheduled Sep 20-22.
The aircraft was assembled at a local airport and had completed three successful trial flights before the accident.
The aircraft, which was too small to be equipped with a black box, belonged to the MACH 1 aerobatic team from the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand