Body of missing US pilot found in China
Beijing: The body of a US pilot, missing since Tuesday after his light aircraft crashed into a lake in northeast China`s Liaoning province, was recovered on Friday.
The body of David Riggs was recovered at 12.12 pm from Caihu lake in Faku county of Shenyang city three days after the accident, Xinhua reported.
The accident occurred Tuesday when the Lancier aircraft with Riggs and a Chinese translator onboard crashed into the lake during a trial flight.
The translator was pulled out from the water but later died in hospital.
Riggs was an experienced Hollywood aerobatic pilot who had set several speed records worldwide.
He came to Shenyang to attend an air show scheduled Sep 20-22.
The aircraft was assembled at a local airport and had completed three successful trial flights before the accident.
The aircraft, which was too small to be equipped with a black box, belonged to the MACH 1 aerobatic team from the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajay Devgn unveils the poster of ‘Sons of Sardaar’
- Oommen Chandy takes bus passengers by surprise as he turns out to be one
- Share-transfer dispute: Delhi HC asks Spicejet, Kalanithi Maran to set up arbitral tribunal
- Emraan Hashmi's son Ayaan appears in video for tiger cause
- Cheat days? John Abraham’s words will give you serious fitness goals – Read more