Body of US man who fell from plane likely found
Miami: Miami-Dade police say they believe they have found the body of Florida man who fell from a private plane into the waters off South Florida.
Authorities said they presume the body found in a mangrove area yesterday morning is that of 42-year-old Gerardo Nales but are waiting on official identification from the medical examiner.
The pilot of the Piper PA 46 called for help Thursday afternoon, radioing "mayday, mayday, mayday" and telling an air traffic controller that a door was open and a passenger had fallen from the plane.
The aircraft had just taken off from Tamiami Executive Airport
Federal Aviation Administration officials said the plane was flying at about 2,000 feet (600 metres), some eight miles (13 kilometres) southeast of the Tamiami airport.
Authorities said investigators have no evidence of foul play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India