Boeing delivers 203rd C-17 airlifter to USAF
Long Beach: Boeing has delivered to the US Air Force (USAF) the 203rd C-17 Globemaster III strategic airlifter, an aircraft that India is currently evaluating.
The C-17 left Long Beach on Friday and is now operating out of Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington state, where it is assigned to the 446th and 62nd Airlift Wings, a Boeing spokesman told India Strategic (www.indiastrategic.in).
To date, Boeing has delivered a total of 222 C-17s - 203 to the USAF and 19 others to international customers.
India is likely to purchase 10 C-17s, with an option to buy another six.
The C-17 is the mainstay of USAF strategic operations worldwide and is also being extensively used these days to supply relief material for flood victims in Pakistan. The aircraft is configured for disaster relief and can land at short, unpaved airstrips if required.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside