Boeing delivers 203rd C-17 airlifter to USAF
Long Beach: Boeing has delivered to the US Air Force (USAF) the 203rd C-17 Globemaster III strategic airlifter, an aircraft that India is currently evaluating.
The C-17 left Long Beach on Friday and is now operating out of Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington state, where it is assigned to the 446th and 62nd Airlift Wings, a Boeing spokesman told India Strategic (www.indiastrategic.in).
To date, Boeing has delivered a total of 222 C-17s - 203 to the USAF and 19 others to international customers.
India is likely to purchase 10 C-17s, with an option to buy another six.
The C-17 is the mainstay of USAF strategic operations worldwide and is also being extensively used these days to supply relief material for flood victims in Pakistan. The aircraft is configured for disaster relief and can land at short, unpaved airstrips if required.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video