Boeing delivers 203rd C-17 airlifter to USAF
Long Beach: Boeing has delivered to the US Air Force (USAF) the 203rd C-17 Globemaster III strategic airlifter, an aircraft that India is currently evaluating.
The C-17 left Long Beach on Friday and is now operating out of Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington state, where it is assigned to the 446th and 62nd Airlift Wings, a Boeing spokesman told India Strategic (www.indiastrategic.in).
To date, Boeing has delivered a total of 222 C-17s - 203 to the USAF and 19 others to international customers.
India is likely to purchase 10 C-17s, with an option to buy another six.
The C-17 is the mainstay of USAF strategic operations worldwide and is also being extensively used these days to supply relief material for flood victims in Pakistan. The aircraft is configured for disaster relief and can land at short, unpaved airstrips if required.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad