Boeing makes emergency landing in Russia
Moscow: A Boeing-767 passenger aircraft from Moscow to Russia`s far east Sunday made an emergency landing at the destination airport, an airport spokesman said.
The plane was on its way to Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, when the flight captain reported technical problems as they were nearing the destination, the spokesman said.
The aircraft circled above the airport for 40 minutes, burning the remaining fuel while rescuers, ambulances and firefighters arrived at the landing strip.
The spokesman did not specify the number of passengers and crew on board the aircraft, saying only that all emerged unhurt and safe after the landing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC