Boeing says under `continuous` cyber attack
Singapore: US aerospace giant Boeing is under "continuous" cyber attack but there has been no breach of its databases, a senior executive said.
The admission by Dennis Muilenburg, the chief executive of Boeing Defence, Space and Security, comes as Japanese electronics giant Sony recovers from a series of online incursions while Google also said it has been hit.
"We, as are other global enterprises, are under a continuous state of cyber attack and cyber probing," Muilenburg said on Friday.
"We recognise the reality of global business today, is that cyber attacks are part of business and we`ve been prepared for that so this is not a surprising environment to us," he told a media briefing in Singapore.
Muilenburg did not want to mention how often the attacks took place or the people behind it but said Boeing`s investment to protect its systems from hackers has paid off.
"I can tell you that the defensive capabilities that we`ve built up are very effective, and give us confidence and our enterprise is secure because of that investment," he said.
Sony last month was forced to shut down some of its online services after the details of more than 100 million account holders were stolen.
And on Thursday, hackers claimed to have compromised more than one million passwords, e-mail addresses and other information from SonyPictures.com.
In Thursday`s attack the hackers posted lists of thousands of the pilfered Gmail, Hotmail, AOL, Yahoo and other email addresses and passwords on Pastebin, where they were publicly accessible.
Earlier this week, Google said a cyber spying campaign originating in China had targeted Gmail accounts of senior US officials, military personnel, journalists and Chinese political activists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur