Boeing says under `continuous` cyber attack
Singapore: US aerospace giant Boeing is under "continuous" cyber attack but there has been no breach of its databases, a senior executive said.
The admission by Dennis Muilenburg, the chief executive of Boeing Defence, Space and Security, comes as Japanese electronics giant Sony recovers from a series of online incursions while Google also said it has been hit.
"We, as are other global enterprises, are under a continuous state of cyber attack and cyber probing," Muilenburg said on Friday.
"We recognise the reality of global business today, is that cyber attacks are part of business and we`ve been prepared for that so this is not a surprising environment to us," he told a media briefing in Singapore.
Muilenburg did not want to mention how often the attacks took place or the people behind it but said Boeing`s investment to protect its systems from hackers has paid off.
"I can tell you that the defensive capabilities that we`ve built up are very effective, and give us confidence and our enterprise is secure because of that investment," he said.
Sony last month was forced to shut down some of its online services after the details of more than 100 million account holders were stolen.
And on Thursday, hackers claimed to have compromised more than one million passwords, e-mail addresses and other information from SonyPictures.com.
In Thursday`s attack the hackers posted lists of thousands of the pilfered Gmail, Hotmail, AOL, Yahoo and other email addresses and passwords on Pastebin, where they were publicly accessible.
Earlier this week, Google said a cyber spying campaign originating in China had targeted Gmail accounts of senior US officials, military personnel, journalists and Chinese political activists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- MS Dhoni backs Virat Kohli-led team India to claim No. 1 spot in Tests by the end of home season
- I want to play a warrior: Tabu
- Weeds, less water could spell death for Chandigarh's Sukhna Lake
- F&B giant Pepsico end decade-long association with India's ODI captain MS Dhoni
- Committee flags gaps, vulnerability in Indo-Pak border fencing