Boko Haram kills three cops in northern Nigeria
Abuja: Three police officers have been killed by gunmen suspected to be members of Islamic militants - Boko Haram - in northern Nigerian Yobe state.
The attackers raided a police station in Gujba town near Damaturu yesterday and escaped with arms and ammunition after shooting the officers to death, sources said.
Boko Haram wants to impose Islamic rule in the country.
It is estimated that over 3,000 persons have been killed since the group started violence in the country in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Pregnant women consider weight gain as baby weight
- Janmashtami celebrated with traditional fervour across India
- Combination of diet and exercise may help prevent heart problems: Study
- Overuse of antibiotics harming India's fight against TB: The Lancet
- Common diabetes drug may cut weight in autistic kids