Boko Haram kills three cops in northern Nigeria
Abuja: Three police officers have been killed by gunmen suspected to be members of Islamic militants - Boko Haram - in northern Nigerian Yobe state.
The attackers raided a police station in Gujba town near Damaturu yesterday and escaped with arms and ammunition after shooting the officers to death, sources said.
Boko Haram wants to impose Islamic rule in the country.
It is estimated that over 3,000 persons have been killed since the group started violence in the country in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video