Boko Haram kills three cops in northern Nigeria
Abuja: Three police officers have been killed by gunmen suspected to be members of Islamic militants - Boko Haram - in northern Nigerian Yobe state.
The attackers raided a police station in Gujba town near Damaturu yesterday and escaped with arms and ammunition after shooting the officers to death, sources said.
Boko Haram wants to impose Islamic rule in the country.
It is estimated that over 3,000 persons have been killed since the group started violence in the country in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?