Boko Haram kills three cops in northern Nigeria
Abuja: Three police officers have been killed by gunmen suspected to be members of Islamic militants - Boko Haram - in northern Nigerian Yobe state.
The attackers raided a police station in Gujba town near Damaturu yesterday and escaped with arms and ammunition after shooting the officers to death, sources said.
Boko Haram wants to impose Islamic rule in the country.
It is estimated that over 3,000 persons have been killed since the group started violence in the country in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees