Boko Haram kills three cops in northern Nigeria
Abuja: Three police officers have been killed by gunmen suspected to be members of Islamic militants - Boko Haram - in northern Nigerian Yobe state.
The attackers raided a police station in Gujba town near Damaturu yesterday and escaped with arms and ammunition after shooting the officers to death, sources said.
Boko Haram wants to impose Islamic rule in the country.
It is estimated that over 3,000 persons have been killed since the group started violence in the country in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post