Bolivia bus plunges into ravine, 28 die
La Paz: Police say a bus has run off a foggy mountain road in Bolivia, killing at least 28 people.
Police Col. Placido Arroyo tells the radio station Fidels that the bus plunged about 300 feet (about 100 meters) down a ravine on Sunday. It was en route from Villazon near the Argentine border to the city of Tarija.
Arroyo says the cause of the accident is under investigation, but he says there was a dense fog at the time of the crash.
It`s Bolivia`s worst bus accident of the year. Twenty-five people died in January when a bus and a truck carrying passengers tried to cross a flooded road.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources