Bolivia bus plunges into ravine, 28 die
La Paz: Police say a bus has run off a foggy mountain road in Bolivia, killing at least 28 people.
Police Col. Placido Arroyo tells the radio station Fidels that the bus plunged about 300 feet (about 100 meters) down a ravine on Sunday. It was en route from Villazon near the Argentine border to the city of Tarija.
Arroyo says the cause of the accident is under investigation, but he says there was a dense fog at the time of the crash.
It`s Bolivia`s worst bus accident of the year. Twenty-five people died in January when a bus and a truck carrying passengers tried to cross a flooded road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!