Bolivia bus plunges into ravine, 28 die
La Paz: Police say a bus has run off a foggy mountain road in Bolivia, killing at least 28 people.
Police Col. Placido Arroyo tells the radio station Fidels that the bus plunged about 300 feet (about 100 meters) down a ravine on Sunday. It was en route from Villazon near the Argentine border to the city of Tarija.
Arroyo says the cause of the accident is under investigation, but he says there was a dense fog at the time of the crash.
It`s Bolivia`s worst bus accident of the year. Twenty-five people died in January when a bus and a truck carrying passengers tried to cross a flooded road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA