Bolivian radio journalist set on fire by unidentified men
Bolivia: Unidentified assailants stormed into a radio studio and set a Bolivian radio journalist, Fernando Vidal, on fire while he was conducting a radio show, as per a BBC report. The police have arrested three suspects in connection with the attack.
The incident took place when the four masked men barged into the studio of Radio Popular in the city of Yacuiba. They doused petrol on the radio journalist and set him on fire. Vidal has been hospitalised after he suffered burns on his face, arms and chest, his son-in-law, Esteban Farfan said, as per report.
Apart from Vidal, another staff member was also allegedly injured in the attack.
According to relatives, Vidal had been reporting on smuggling activities and it could be the possible motive behind the attack.
The police are investigation the incident.
(With Agency Input)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report