Bolivian radio journalist set on fire by unidentified men
Bolivia: Unidentified assailants stormed into a radio studio and set a Bolivian radio journalist, Fernando Vidal, on fire while he was conducting a radio show, as per a BBC report. The police have arrested three suspects in connection with the attack.
The incident took place when the four masked men barged into the studio of Radio Popular in the city of Yacuiba. They doused petrol on the radio journalist and set him on fire. Vidal has been hospitalised after he suffered burns on his face, arms and chest, his son-in-law, Esteban Farfan said, as per report.
Apart from Vidal, another staff member was also allegedly injured in the attack.
According to relatives, Vidal had been reporting on smuggling activities and it could be the possible motive behind the attack.
The police are investigation the incident.
(With Agency Input)
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires