Bolivian radio journalist set on fire by unidentified men
Bolivia: Unidentified assailants stormed into a radio studio and set a Bolivian radio journalist, Fernando Vidal, on fire while he was conducting a radio show, as per a BBC report. The police have arrested three suspects in connection with the attack.
The incident took place when the four masked men barged into the studio of Radio Popular in the city of Yacuiba. They doused petrol on the radio journalist and set him on fire. Vidal has been hospitalised after he suffered burns on his face, arms and chest, his son-in-law, Esteban Farfan said, as per report.
Apart from Vidal, another staff member was also allegedly injured in the attack.
According to relatives, Vidal had been reporting on smuggling activities and it could be the possible motive behind the attack.
The police are investigation the incident.
(With Agency Input)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey rebuffs EU on death penalty, as Erdogan calls for 'new blood' in army
- Pakistan ups ante, says will ask UNHRC to send fact-finding team to Kashmir
- Hafiz Saeed confirms his association with separatist leader Asiya Andrabi, Burhani Wani
- IMF expresses confidence in Christine Lagarde as French court orders trial
- Petition in Pak court seeks registration of FIR against PM Modi