Bolivian radio journalist set on fire by unidentified men
Bolivia: Unidentified assailants stormed into a radio studio and set a Bolivian radio journalist, Fernando Vidal, on fire while he was conducting a radio show, as per a BBC report. The police have arrested three suspects in connection with the attack.
The incident took place when the four masked men barged into the studio of Radio Popular in the city of Yacuiba. They doused petrol on the radio journalist and set him on fire. Vidal has been hospitalised after he suffered burns on his face, arms and chest, his son-in-law, Esteban Farfan said, as per report.
Apart from Vidal, another staff member was also allegedly injured in the attack.
According to relatives, Vidal had been reporting on smuggling activities and it could be the possible motive behind the attack.
The police are investigation the incident.
(With Agency Input)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31