Bolivian radio journalist set on fire by unidentified men
Bolivia: Unidentified assailants stormed into a radio studio and set a Bolivian radio journalist, Fernando Vidal, on fire while he was conducting a radio show, as per a BBC report. The police have arrested three suspects in connection with the attack.
The incident took place when the four masked men barged into the studio of Radio Popular in the city of Yacuiba. They doused petrol on the radio journalist and set him on fire. Vidal has been hospitalised after he suffered burns on his face, arms and chest, his son-in-law, Esteban Farfan said, as per report.
Apart from Vidal, another staff member was also allegedly injured in the attack.
According to relatives, Vidal had been reporting on smuggling activities and it could be the possible motive behind the attack.
The police are investigation the incident.
(With Agency Input)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!