Bomb attack in southern Sudan kills 3, injures 7
Khartoum: At least three people were killed and seven others injured in a bomb attack by rebels of Sudan People`s Liberation Movement (SPLM)/northern sector against Kadogli, the capital city of South Kordofan State of Sudan, Khartoum`s Al-Sudani daily reported Wednesday.
"The SPLM/northern sector randomly fired five rockets at the city Tuesday evening," the paper reported, noting that the Sudanese army intervened in and gained full control of the situation.
On Nov. 8, the SPLM/northern sector targeted a road linking Al- Dalanj and Kadogli towns in South Kordofan, killing eight people and injuring 12 others.
South Kordofan has been witnessing clashes between the Sudanese army and the SPLM rebels since June 2011.
Sudan is accusing South Sudan of supporting the rebel group, which is fighting the Sudanese army in South Kordofan and Blue Nile areas.
Sudan refuses to negotiate with the SPLM/northern sector until it breaks links with South Sudan, while the South Sudanese government denies having any connections with the rebel movement in Sudan.
In September, Sudan and South Sudan signed a cooperation agreement in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, including an item banning both countries from supporting the armed rebel groups in the other country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players