Bomb attacks in Iraq kill 4: Officials
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say attacks in two Shiite-dominated areas in the Baghdad region have killed four people and wounded 11.
A police officer says three roadside bombs went off simultaneously on Sunday in the Husseiniya area northeast of the capital, killing three civilians. He said 11 others, including three policemen, were wounded.
Another police officer said a soldier was killed when a bomb attached to his car exploded in the northern Utaifiya neighborhood.
Two health officials confirmed the causality figures. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorized to release information to reporters.
Violence has ebbed across Iraq in recent years, but insurgents frequently attack security forces and civilians in an attempt to undermine the country`s Shiite-led government.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?