Bomb attacks in Iraq kill 4: Officials
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say attacks in two Shiite-dominated areas in the Baghdad region have killed four people and wounded 11.
A police officer says three roadside bombs went off simultaneously on Sunday in the Husseiniya area northeast of the capital, killing three civilians. He said 11 others, including three policemen, were wounded.
Another police officer said a soldier was killed when a bomb attached to his car exploded in the northern Utaifiya neighborhood.
Two health officials confirmed the causality figures. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorized to release information to reporters.
Violence has ebbed across Iraq in recent years, but insurgents frequently attack security forces and civilians in an attempt to undermine the country`s Shiite-led government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan