Bomb attacks in Iraq kill 4: Officials
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say attacks in two Shiite-dominated areas in the Baghdad region have killed four people and wounded 11.
A police officer says three roadside bombs went off simultaneously on Sunday in the Husseiniya area northeast of the capital, killing three civilians. He said 11 others, including three policemen, were wounded.
Another police officer said a soldier was killed when a bomb attached to his car exploded in the northern Utaifiya neighborhood.
Two health officials confirmed the causality figures. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorized to release information to reporters.
Violence has ebbed across Iraq in recent years, but insurgents frequently attack security forces and civilians in an attempt to undermine the country`s Shiite-led government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love