Bomb blast in eastern Libyan city wounds four
Tripoli: Libyan police officials say a bomb blast outside a police station in the eastern city of Benghazi has wounded four people, two of them seriously.
There was no immediate indication on who was behind Wednesday’s blast in an upscale Benghazi district. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorised to talk to the media.
Benghazi, Libya`s second largest city, is home to hundreds of Islamist militiamen who fought Muammar Gaddafi`s forces in last year`s civil war. After the fighting, most refused to surrender their weapons.
Benghazi has also witnessed a series of assassinations in recent weeks, including the killing last month of its security chief.
The US ambassador to Libya and three other Americans were killed in September when militants attacked the American consulate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre