Bomb blast in eastern Libyan city wounds four
Tripoli: Libyan police officials say a bomb blast outside a police station in the eastern city of Benghazi has wounded four people, two of them seriously.
There was no immediate indication on who was behind Wednesday’s blast in an upscale Benghazi district. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorised to talk to the media.
Benghazi, Libya`s second largest city, is home to hundreds of Islamist militiamen who fought Muammar Gaddafi`s forces in last year`s civil war. After the fighting, most refused to surrender their weapons.
Benghazi has also witnessed a series of assassinations in recent weeks, including the killing last month of its security chief.
The US ambassador to Libya and three other Americans were killed in September when militants attacked the American consulate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?