Bomb blast in eastern Libyan city wounds four
Tripoli: Libyan police officials say a bomb blast outside a police station in the eastern city of Benghazi has wounded four people, two of them seriously.
There was no immediate indication on who was behind Wednesday’s blast in an upscale Benghazi district. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorised to talk to the media.
Benghazi, Libya`s second largest city, is home to hundreds of Islamist militiamen who fought Muammar Gaddafi`s forces in last year`s civil war. After the fighting, most refused to surrender their weapons.
Benghazi has also witnessed a series of assassinations in recent weeks, including the killing last month of its security chief.
The US ambassador to Libya and three other Americans were killed in September when militants attacked the American consulate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire