Bomb blast kills 7 in Baqouba: Iraqi police
Baghdad: A bomb blast on Thursday in a building
used by a Sunni-backed political group in Iraq`s Diyala
province killed at least seven people, a reflection of the
deep political and ethnic divisions in Iraq despite its
Diyala has been the scene of other violence this week,
with two days of clashes between an Iranian opposition group
living in a camp in the province and Iraqi security forces
that also left seven people dead.
Today`s blast hit Baqouba, the provincial seat of
Diyala that lies northeast of Baghdad, killing at least seven
and wounding ten people, Iraqi police and medical officials
said. A second police official said eight people were killed.
The bomb was hidden inside a building used by the
Reform and Development Movement, a Sunni-backed political
group founded last year that won four seats in the last
provincial council elections.
Meanwhile, government spokesman Ali al-Dabbagh today
confirmed that seven people were killed when Iraqi forces
seized control of the Iranian group`s camp, reversing two days
of denials that anyone had died in the raid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!