Bomb damages right wing-group`s Athens office
Athens: A makeshift bomb damaged the office of a far-right group in central Athens early on Friday but no one was hurt, police said.
"A makeshift time-bomb exploded outside the office of Golden Dawn, there are no injuries," a police official said.
Police said there was no claim of responsibility for the blast on the fifth floor of the building near the central Athens Omonia square.
There has been a series of gas canister and bomb attacks by leftist and anarchist groups in Greece since the fatal police shooting of a teenager sparked the country`s worst riots in decades in December 2008.
Police said there was a warning call to a newspaper about a suspect box placed outside the office of ultra nationalist group Golden Dawn.
"All these actions serve as negative arguments for our country," government spokesman George Petalotis told Greek TV Sky.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'