Bomb damages right wing-group`s Athens office
Athens: A makeshift bomb damaged the office of a far-right group in central Athens early on Friday but no one was hurt, police said.
"A makeshift time-bomb exploded outside the office of Golden Dawn, there are no injuries," a police official said.
Police said there was no claim of responsibility for the blast on the fifth floor of the building near the central Athens Omonia square.
There has been a series of gas canister and bomb attacks by leftist and anarchist groups in Greece since the fatal police shooting of a teenager sparked the country`s worst riots in decades in December 2008.
Police said there was a warning call to a newspaper about a suspect box placed outside the office of ultra nationalist group Golden Dawn.
"All these actions serve as negative arguments for our country," government spokesman George Petalotis told Greek TV Sky.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack