Bomb explodes in central Athens; no injuries
Athens (Greece): Greek police say a bomb has
exploded in central Athens near the office of an opposition
Socialist party official, causing damage but no injuries.
The explosion comes little more than a week before Greece
holds parliamentary elections, called two years early.
Police spokesman Panagiotis Stathis says anonymous calls
were made to a Greek newspaper and television station before
the explosion warning that a bomb had been planted, and that
authorities had evacuated the area.
He said explosives experts were heading to the area to
determine what kind of device had been used in the attack.
Local media said the explosion occurred near the office
of Socialist party official Louka Katseli, who is the party`s
representative for the economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says