Bomb Gaddafi`s inner circle: US Senator
Washington: A Republican on the Senate
Armed Services Committee sees a Libyan stalemate and wants
NATO to bomb Moammar Gaddafi`s inner circle and military
South Carolina Sen Lindsey Graham says those closest
to Gaddafi "need to wake up every day wondering, `Will this be
Graham tells CNN`s "State of the Union" that the
quickest way to end the stalemate is "to cut the head of the
The UN Security Council authorized military action to
protect Libyan civilians and to enforce a no-fly zone. But
Graham tells CNN`s "State of the Union" that "it`s going to be
hard" for the US to achieve its national security interests if
Two missiles apparently fired by NATO warplanes struck
near Gaddafi `s compound in Tripoli early Saturday.
The committee`s top Republican, Arizona Sen John
McCain, says the US must increase air support for the rebels
fighting Gaddafi . He says sufficient air power "could bring
Gaddafi to his knees."
McCain, speaking from Cairo, tells NBC`s "Meet the
Press" that the US should recognize opposition forces as "the
legitimate voice" of the Libyan people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'