Bomb hits bus in central Syrian province, kills 19
Damascus: A Syrian official says a roadside bomb has targeted a bus in the country`s central province on Thursday, killing 19 people.
The official at the governor`s office in Homs province says the explosion in the village of Jbourin also wounded four people on the bus.
He spoke on condition of anonymity in line with regulations.
The village is predominantly Alawite, a minority sect to which President Bashar Assad belongs, but it also has Christians and Sunnis. It was not immediately clear why the bus was targeted.
Syria`s civil war, which has left more than 100,000 dead since the crisis erupted in March 2011, has taken increasingly sectarian overtones.
Most of the rebels trying to overthrow Assad belong to the majority Sunni sect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'