Bomb in car causes fire in Bahrain capital
Manama: Bahrain`s Interior Ministry says a car caught on fire in a popular tourist area of the capital, Manama, because of explosives that had been packed inside.
No injuries were reported in the incident, which occurred yesterday the day of the Bahrain Grand Prix auto race finale.
The Adliya area where the fire happened is popular with foreign visitors but is not near the site of the Formula One race.
The Interior Ministry said on its official Twitter account that it is investigating.
Some radical anti-government factions in Bahrain have been deploying relatively small bombs that have occasionally resulted in deaths.
The kingdom`s Shiite majority has been protesting since March 2011 for greater rights from the tiny island nation`s Sunni monarchy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list