Bomb in car causes fire in Bahrain capital
Manama: Bahrain`s Interior Ministry says a car caught on fire in a popular tourist area of the capital, Manama, because of explosives that had been packed inside.
No injuries were reported in the incident, which occurred yesterday the day of the Bahrain Grand Prix auto race finale.
The Adliya area where the fire happened is popular with foreign visitors but is not near the site of the Formula One race.
The Interior Ministry said on its official Twitter account that it is investigating.
Some radical anti-government factions in Bahrain have been deploying relatively small bombs that have occasionally resulted in deaths.
The kingdom`s Shiite majority has been protesting since March 2011 for greater rights from the tiny island nation`s Sunni monarchy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested