Bomb in car causes fire in Bahrain capital
Manama: Bahrain`s Interior Ministry says a car caught on fire in a popular tourist area of the capital, Manama, because of explosives that had been packed inside.
No injuries were reported in the incident, which occurred yesterday the day of the Bahrain Grand Prix auto race finale.
The Adliya area where the fire happened is popular with foreign visitors but is not near the site of the Formula One race.
The Interior Ministry said on its official Twitter account that it is investigating.
Some radical anti-government factions in Bahrain have been deploying relatively small bombs that have occasionally resulted in deaths.
The kingdom`s Shiite majority has been protesting since March 2011 for greater rights from the tiny island nation`s Sunni monarchy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Bihar Intermediate Arts Results 2016: BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared tomorrow on May 28
- Reliance launches 4G powered smartphone LYF Flame 4 at Rs 3,999
- 'I am a Tiger. What are you?' asks Jacqueline Fernandez!
- Missing Indian climber Paresh Chandra Nath found dead on Mount Everest
- WATCH: Shocking video of Dombivli chemical factory blast