Bomb in car causes fire in Bahrain capital
Manama: Bahrain`s Interior Ministry says a car caught on fire in a popular tourist area of the capital, Manama, because of explosives that had been packed inside.
No injuries were reported in the incident, which occurred yesterday the day of the Bahrain Grand Prix auto race finale.
The Adliya area where the fire happened is popular with foreign visitors but is not near the site of the Formula One race.
The Interior Ministry said on its official Twitter account that it is investigating.
Some radical anti-government factions in Bahrain have been deploying relatively small bombs that have occasionally resulted in deaths.
The kingdom`s Shiite majority has been protesting since March 2011 for greater rights from the tiny island nation`s Sunni monarchy.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on