Bomb kills 2 paramilitary troops in Thai south
Pattani: A roadside bomb has killed two paramilitary soldiers and wounded two others in Thailand`s restive south.
Police Lt Col Wichai Jaengsakul says the bomb exploded late yesterday when eight paramilitary troops were patrolling a road in Yala province.
A Yala Hospital spokesman said today that four soldiers were seriously injured and two later died.
Paramilitary soldiers are defence volunteers who are paid by the military but are not in the regular Army.
Two separate roadside bomb blasts last week killed eight people in the south.
More than 4,000 people have been killed in Thailand`s three southernmost provinces since an Islamist insurgency erupted in 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren