Bomb kills at least 30 in Damascus province: NGO
Beirut: A car bomb killed at least 30 people on Friday in the town of Rankus north of Damascus, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
The Observatory said "tens" of people were injured in the blast, next to a mosque.
Rankus, which is some 30 kilometres north of Damascus, is a Sunni town that backs the Sunni-dominated opposition to the government of President Bashar al-Assad.
Local activists called on residents to avoid gathering for fear of additional attacks in the town, which has regularly been the scene of fighting between rebels and regime forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday