Bomb-making components seized in Philippines
Davao City: Police have seized more than 100 sticks of dynamite and bomb-making components in the Philippines over the weekend, authorities said Monday.
About 145 explosive sticks and three bags of ammonium nitrate were seized during a raid in Magugpo East village, 55 km north of Davao City, said Samuel Gadingan, senior superintendent of Davao del Norte.
A 39-year old woman and her male companion were arrested during the search operation Saturday, reports Xinhua.
Police also recovered 1,100 blasting caps, several metres of safety fuse and cash during the operation.
Investigations are now being conducted to identify the suspects` possible clients, said the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon