Bomb-making components seized in Philippines
Davao City: Police have seized more than 100 sticks of dynamite and bomb-making components in the Philippines over the weekend, authorities said Monday.
About 145 explosive sticks and three bags of ammonium nitrate were seized during a raid in Magugpo East village, 55 km north of Davao City, said Samuel Gadingan, senior superintendent of Davao del Norte.
A 39-year old woman and her male companion were arrested during the search operation Saturday, reports Xinhua.
Police also recovered 1,100 blasting caps, several metres of safety fuse and cash during the operation.
Investigations are now being conducted to identify the suspects` possible clients, said the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone