Bomb scare in Australia`s Hobart city
Sydney: A suspicious package thought to be a bomb closed a major street in Australia`s Hobart city but was nothing more than a child`s toy, police said on Friday.
Police closed the busy Liverpool Street in central Hobart after the discovery of a yellow package, which had wires, a speaker and a battery, the Age reported.
Businesses and residences were evacuated and the bomb squad was called in.
Police launched an investigation to find the culprit, but later said the device was just a toy.
"The item was not placed with any intent to cause a nuisance or harm to the public in any way. It was the discarded internal speaker mechanism from a child`s audible toy," a statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials