Bomb scare in Australia`s Hobart city
Sydney: A suspicious package thought to be a bomb closed a major street in Australia`s Hobart city but was nothing more than a child`s toy, police said on Friday.
Police closed the busy Liverpool Street in central Hobart after the discovery of a yellow package, which had wires, a speaker and a battery, the Age reported.
Businesses and residences were evacuated and the bomb squad was called in.
Police launched an investigation to find the culprit, but later said the device was just a toy.
"The item was not placed with any intent to cause a nuisance or harm to the public in any way. It was the discarded internal speaker mechanism from a child`s audible toy," a statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report