Bomb strikes Baghdad eatery, killing 8
Baghdad: Iraqi police say a car bomb has killed eight people and wounded 32 outside a restaurant in the southwestern Baghdad.
The blast on Monday evening could be heard across the Tigris River, several kilometres away.
Authorities said the explosion happened in the mixed Sunni-Shi’ite neighbourhood of Baiyaa. It came hours after the Iraqi wing of al Qaeda claimed responsibility for countrywide attacks on Sunday that killed 92 and left more than 350 injured.
The militant group warned in a statement of "black days" ahead. It was issued as the Sunni vice president rejected a death sentence against him for masterminding the murder of his rivals.
Medics at Yarmouk Hospital confirmed Monday’s casualties. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorised to release the information.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India