Bomb strikes Baghdad eatery, killing 8
Baghdad: Iraqi police say a car bomb has killed eight people and wounded 32 outside a restaurant in the southwestern Baghdad.
The blast on Monday evening could be heard across the Tigris River, several kilometres away.
Authorities said the explosion happened in the mixed Sunni-Shi’ite neighbourhood of Baiyaa. It came hours after the Iraqi wing of al Qaeda claimed responsibility for countrywide attacks on Sunday that killed 92 and left more than 350 injured.
The militant group warned in a statement of "black days" ahead. It was issued as the Sunni vice president rejected a death sentence against him for masterminding the murder of his rivals.
Medics at Yarmouk Hospital confirmed Monday’s casualties. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorised to release the information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you