Bomb strikes Baghdad eatery, killing 8
Baghdad: Iraqi police say a car bomb has killed eight people and wounded 32 outside a restaurant in the southwestern Baghdad.
The blast on Monday evening could be heard across the Tigris River, several kilometres away.
Authorities said the explosion happened in the mixed Sunni-Shi’ite neighbourhood of Baiyaa. It came hours after the Iraqi wing of al Qaeda claimed responsibility for countrywide attacks on Sunday that killed 92 and left more than 350 injured.
The militant group warned in a statement of "black days" ahead. It was issued as the Sunni vice president rejected a death sentence against him for masterminding the murder of his rivals.
Medics at Yarmouk Hospital confirmed Monday’s casualties. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorised to release the information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video