Bomb strikes Baghdad eatery, killing 8
Baghdad: Iraqi police say a car bomb has killed eight people and wounded 32 outside a restaurant in the southwestern Baghdad.
The blast on Monday evening could be heard across the Tigris River, several kilometres away.
Authorities said the explosion happened in the mixed Sunni-Shi’ite neighbourhood of Baiyaa. It came hours after the Iraqi wing of al Qaeda claimed responsibility for countrywide attacks on Sunday that killed 92 and left more than 350 injured.
The militant group warned in a statement of "black days" ahead. It was issued as the Sunni vice president rejected a death sentence against him for masterminding the murder of his rivals.
Medics at Yarmouk Hospital confirmed Monday’s casualties. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorised to release the information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!