Bomb threat at St Petersburg airport
Moscow: Around 1,500 people were evacuated from the Pulkovo international airport in Russia`s second largest city of St. Petersburg after a bomb threat, police said Friday.
The interior ministry said it began evacuation of the airport Friday morning after an anonymous call warned of explosives at the airport.
"Some 1,500 people were evacuated from the Pulkovo-1 and Pulkovo-2 terminals after the anonymous call," a police source said.
All facilities at the airport were inspected by police bomb squads with trained dogs.
The airport later resumed operations after police carried out the search.
No explosives were found, an airport spokesperson said.
Around 20 flights, including international departures, were delayed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her