Bomb threat at St Petersburg airport
Moscow: Around 1,500 people were evacuated from the Pulkovo international airport in Russia`s second largest city of St. Petersburg after a bomb threat, police said Friday.
The interior ministry said it began evacuation of the airport Friday morning after an anonymous call warned of explosives at the airport.
"Some 1,500 people were evacuated from the Pulkovo-1 and Pulkovo-2 terminals after the anonymous call," a police source said.
All facilities at the airport were inspected by police bomb squads with trained dogs.
The airport later resumed operations after police carried out the search.
No explosives were found, an airport spokesperson said.
Around 20 flights, including international departures, were delayed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried