Bomb threat at St Petersburg airport
Moscow: Around 1,500 people were evacuated from the Pulkovo international airport in Russia`s second largest city of St. Petersburg after a bomb threat, police said Friday.
The interior ministry said it began evacuation of the airport Friday morning after an anonymous call warned of explosives at the airport.
"Some 1,500 people were evacuated from the Pulkovo-1 and Pulkovo-2 terminals after the anonymous call," a police source said.
All facilities at the airport were inspected by police bomb squads with trained dogs.
The airport later resumed operations after police carried out the search.
No explosives were found, an airport spokesperson said.
Around 20 flights, including international departures, were delayed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer