Bomb threat at St Petersburg airport
Moscow: Around 1,500 people were evacuated from the Pulkovo international airport in Russia`s second largest city of St. Petersburg after a bomb threat, police said Friday.
The interior ministry said it began evacuation of the airport Friday morning after an anonymous call warned of explosives at the airport.
"Some 1,500 people were evacuated from the Pulkovo-1 and Pulkovo-2 terminals after the anonymous call," a police source said.
All facilities at the airport were inspected by police bomb squads with trained dogs.
The airport later resumed operations after police carried out the search.
No explosives were found, an airport spokesperson said.
Around 20 flights, including international departures, were delayed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list