Bomb threat at St Petersburg airport
Moscow: Around 1,500 people were evacuated from the Pulkovo international airport in Russia`s second largest city of St. Petersburg after a bomb threat, police said Friday.
The interior ministry said it began evacuation of the airport Friday morning after an anonymous call warned of explosives at the airport.
"Some 1,500 people were evacuated from the Pulkovo-1 and Pulkovo-2 terminals after the anonymous call," a police source said.
All facilities at the airport were inspected by police bomb squads with trained dogs.
The airport later resumed operations after police carried out the search.
No explosives were found, an airport spokesperson said.
Around 20 flights, including international departures, were delayed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!