Bomb threat before Turkey leader`s speech: Report
Berlin: Berlin police are clearing a university where Turkish President Abdullah Gul was due to speak after what a German news agency reported was a bomb threat.
Gul was to deliver a speech on Tuesday on Turkish-German relations at Humboldt University. Police asked people to leave the venue but didn`t immediately say why.
But news agency dapd reported that organisers of the event said a bomb threat had been received and that the venue was searched for explosives.
Gul met earlier Tuesday with German President Christian Wulff. He said that "Turkey can make a major contribution to Europe."
Turkey aims to join the European Union but faces some scepticism. German Chancellor Angela Merkel has argued for it to be granted "privileged partnership" rather than full membership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?