Bomb threat forces plane landing in Brazil
Rio De Janeiro: Brazil`s federal police say a bomb threat forced a passenger plane to make an unplanned landing in the Amazon city of Manaus.
Federal police in Manaus said a TAM Airlines flight took off from Brasilia today and was en route to the city of Boa Vista.
A note left in a bathroom in Brasilia`s airport claimed that a bomb was aboard the TAM jet. It had already taken off when the note was discovered, so officials routed the plane to Manaus, where it safely landed.
Authorities said a search of the plane has yet to turn up any device. But the jet remains on the tarmac in Manaus while an investigation continues.
A federal police official in Manaus said no arrests have been made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February