Bomb threat forces plane landing in Brazil
Rio De Janeiro: Brazil`s federal police say a bomb threat forced a passenger plane to make an unplanned landing in the Amazon city of Manaus.
Federal police in Manaus said a TAM Airlines flight took off from Brasilia today and was en route to the city of Boa Vista.
A note left in a bathroom in Brasilia`s airport claimed that a bomb was aboard the TAM jet. It had already taken off when the note was discovered, so officials routed the plane to Manaus, where it safely landed.
Authorities said a search of the plane has yet to turn up any device. But the jet remains on the tarmac in Manaus while an investigation continues.
A federal police official in Manaus said no arrests have been made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption