Bomb threat forces plane landing in Brazil
Rio De Janeiro: Brazil`s federal police say a bomb threat forced a passenger plane to make an unplanned landing in the Amazon city of Manaus.
Federal police in Manaus said a TAM Airlines flight took off from Brasilia today and was en route to the city of Boa Vista.
A note left in a bathroom in Brasilia`s airport claimed that a bomb was aboard the TAM jet. It had already taken off when the note was discovered, so officials routed the plane to Manaus, where it safely landed.
Authorities said a search of the plane has yet to turn up any device. But the jet remains on the tarmac in Manaus while an investigation continues.
A federal police official in Manaus said no arrests have been made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal