Bomb threat forces plane to land in Portugal
Lisbon: A Portugalia Airlines flight was forced to make an emergency landing in Lisbon late Thursday after it received a bomb threat.
However, a search of the Embraer plane did not turn up anything suspicious, an airport spokesman told the Lusa news agency.
The flight was carrying 25 passengers from Marseille to Lisbon when French authorities alerted the pilots to the bomb threat.
After an emergency landing at 8.10 p.m. (2010 GMT), the plane was evacuated and brought a remote area of the airport to be searched.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days