Bomb threat prompts Alaska airport evacuation
Anchorage: Officials say a terminal at Alaska`s main airport has been evacuated over a bomb scare.
The manager of Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport says the main terminal was cleared after a male passenger early today referred to a bomb in a bag.
John Parrott says travelers were evacuated to another terminal, as authorities search the luggage. So far, no explosive has turned up.
He says the man who made the comment and two male companions are being interviewed by authorities. Anchorage was the point of departure for the three, but Parrott didn`t have details on their destination.
Parrott says agents with FBI and Transportation Security Administration are taking part in the investigation.
Meanwhile, planes have been landing but Parrott says no passengers have been allowed to board any aircraft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read