Bomb threat prompts Alaska airport evacuation
Anchorage: Officials say a terminal at Alaska`s main airport has been evacuated over a bomb scare.
The manager of Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport says the main terminal was cleared after a male passenger early today referred to a bomb in a bag.
John Parrott says travelers were evacuated to another terminal, as authorities search the luggage. So far, no explosive has turned up.
He says the man who made the comment and two male companions are being interviewed by authorities. Anchorage was the point of departure for the three, but Parrott didn`t have details on their destination.
Parrott says agents with FBI and Transportation Security Administration are taking part in the investigation.
Meanwhile, planes have been landing but Parrott says no passengers have been allowed to board any aircraft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown