Bomb wounds five policemen in Bahrain: Govt
Manama: Authorities say a bomb blast has wounded at least five policemen in the restive Gulf kingdom of Bahrain.
The Interior Ministry on its official Twitter feed said the homemade bomb went off yesterday evening in the al-Diar area on the island of Muharraq, northeast of the capital, Manama.
Authorities are describing the bomb attack as "an act of terror," and say two of the wounded policemen suffered serious injuries but are in stable condition.
There has been an increase in attacks in recent weeks targeting security personnel and government institutions in Bahrain, including some using bombs made with natural gas canisters.
The island nation, which is home to the US Navy`s 5th Fleet, has been gripped by unrest since February 2011 when the country`s Shiites began an uprising.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH