Bombing kills 4 people in Iraq: Officials
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a bombing targeting a stream where youngsters had sought refuge from the summer heat has killed four people.
It was the second such attack in less than a week.
Police officials say the bombing took place today in Wajihiya, a town 80 km northeast of Baghdad. Two swimmers and two passers-by were killed.
Hospital officials confirmed the casualties. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorised to speak to the media.
Violence has been on the rise since the start of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. Earlier this week, a mortar attack on swimmers in the Tigris River killed four people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi