Bombing kills 4 people in Iraq: Officials
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a bombing targeting a stream where youngsters had sought refuge from the summer heat has killed four people.
It was the second such attack in less than a week.
Police officials say the bombing took place today in Wajihiya, a town 80 km northeast of Baghdad. Two swimmers and two passers-by were killed.
Hospital officials confirmed the casualties. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorised to speak to the media.
Violence has been on the rise since the start of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. Earlier this week, a mortar attack on swimmers in the Tigris River killed four people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands