Bombing kills 4 people in Iraq: Officials
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a bombing targeting a stream where youngsters had sought refuge from the summer heat has killed four people.
It was the second such attack in less than a week.
Police officials say the bombing took place today in Wajihiya, a town 80 km northeast of Baghdad. Two swimmers and two passers-by were killed.
Hospital officials confirmed the casualties. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorised to speak to the media.
Violence has been on the rise since the start of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. Earlier this week, a mortar attack on swimmers in the Tigris River killed four people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sandeep Dikshit unhappy with Ajay Maken? Says can't accept a leadership whose objective was to discredit Sheila Dikshit
- Struggles never end in life, says Quantico star Priyanka Chopra
- India vs West Indies: List of records broken by Virat Kohli & Co during thumping win in 1st Test
- 2nd conviction in coal scam: Court convicts RSPL, 3 top officials
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 629—Abhi ends his relationship with Pragya!