Bombings in southern Thailand kill 3, wound dozens
Pattani: The government says bombs concealed in a car and two motorcycles have killed at least three people and wounded at least 30 in a town in Thailand`s insurgency-plagued south.
The government`s Internal Security Operations Command information center said the bombs were set off Friday evening in the border town of Sungai Kolok.
The attack was one of the biggest since Thailand`s new government was installed in August.
More than 4,700 people have been killed in the Muslim-dominated southernmost provinces of Thailand since an Islamist insurgency erupted in 2004. A massive military effort has failed to stop the violence attributed to the secretive insurgents. No one has claimed responsibility for Friday`s attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!