Bombings kill ten in Iraq
Hilla: A bomb killed six Iraqi soldiers south of Baghdad Wednesday, while another blast in the country`s north left four civilians dead, officials said.
Iraq is suffering a protracted surge in violence to a level not seen since 2008, which authorities have so far failed to stem.
A roadside bomb exploded near an army patrol in the Jurf al-Sakhr area, where mortar rounds wounded 12 police on yesterday. Six soldiers were killed, an officer and a hospital employee said.
Another blast in the northern town of Tuz Khurmatu killed four people and wounded eight, while two more blasts wounded three police and another civilian.
Both security force personnel and civilians are targeted in the daily bombings and shootings that plague Iraq.
Foreign leaders have urged the Shiite-led government to do more to reach out to the disaffected Sunni Arab minority but Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki has taken a hard line ahead of a general election scheduled for April.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read